Nov 2014 Report
Support Report Month: November
(Please give the requested information so that we may be able to evaluate our fellowship together in your preaching work – Elders of the Cedar Park church of Christ P.O. Box 864, Cedar Park, TX 78630-0864)
NAME AND ADDRESS: Edwin Lenin Palma Gutierrez.
P.O Box RP- 04, Monseñor Lezcano.
PLEASE LIST THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF YOUR INCOME FOR EACH MONTH AND THE SOURCES OF YOUR INCOME (This includes Cedar Park, income from churches, individuals, and your own personal endeavors).
1. Douglass Hills church… $200.
2. Cedar Park´s Church…..$200.
3. Trenton´s Church ……...$250.
PLEASE LIST THE NAME OF THE CONGREGATION OR CONGREGATIONS WITH WHICH YOU ARE WORKING AND HOW MANY MEMBERS EACH HAS.
- Altagracia´s church ….68 members’ faithful: Tuesdays and Thursday from 6:00 to 7:00pm.
Sundays from 9:00 to 11:00am
- Masaya Church´s ……16 members’ faithful: Fridays from 7:00 to 8:00 pm.
Sundays from 9:00 to 11:00pm.
HOW MANY NEW MEMBERS WERE ADDED THIS MONTH TO THE CONGREGATION OR CONGREGATIONS WITH WHICH YOU ARE WORKING? PLEASE GIVE THEIR NAMES AND AGES
Three baptized , they are: nov 8th Janeth Mendoza was baptized in Christ(70 years old) and today sunday 9th at 11:30am were baptized Alma Rosa(56years old) and Wilmer Aburto(30 years old).Praise to God for his grace and love.
HOW MUCH WORK IS BEING DONE IN TEACHING THE NEW CONVERTS?
-- We were expected, because we continue teaching the gospel to 8 people more, we always hope more fruits in Altagracia´s Church next month of December or perhaps January .Please, Prayers.
- I also coming with 4 Young has done the job of visiting the elderly congregation (one a week).
- We are teaching in their houses to 3 new Christians about life in Christ and others questions that they have.
WRITE A BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE TEACHING WORK YOU HAVE DONE THIS LAST MONTH ON THE BACK OF THIS PAGE.
- Sermons: --Because of I'm training to teach brothers, this month the sermons were given by the congregation of brothers. There are 5 teachers of the Altagracia Church that are beginning to teach at church. They are: Nelson Arriaza, Antonio Velázquez, José de la Cruz López y Sergio Calero. This is a good for me and for the churches around here.
- Studies: Studies bibles have been achieved for 15 men, but 10 men still continuo prepare in the thruth.
3- Biblical classes: Altagracia´s Church:
--Tuesdays, we are studying the book of Acts .Chapter 12, this chapter is wonderful because treat about the big tribulation that the church suffered cause to preach the gospel and how church react in front it.
1. Why was Antioch church completely faithful? Act 11:24-28
2. Prepare for the worst. Act 12:1-4.
3. Pray and have confidence. Act 12:5.
4. A prisoner well-guarded. Act 12:4-6, 10.
--Thursdays, we have studied Lessons about gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John).In this occasion we studied about kingdom value of Christ and how Christ used the question to teach to other people.
1. The great value of the kingdom II. Mathew 13:44-46
2. The great value of the Kingdom III. Mathew 13:44-46
3. Jesus Christ: the master teacher I. Mathew 23:8; 7:28-29
4. Jesus Christ: the master teacher II. Mathew 23:8; 7:28-29
Sundays, we have studied lesson about the greatest tragedy that the Jewish people could ever have. When I get the prophesied Messiah, they rejected. :
1. Why was Jesus rejected by Jews? I.
2. Why was Jesus rejected by Jews? II.
3. Why was Jesus rejected by Jews? III.
4. Why was Jesus rejected by Jews? IV.
Masaya Church: I traveled to Masaya's Church 2 time. Brothers and sisters in Masaya are very well and peace, but this month of December I could not travel to Masaya , because need to dedicate in others works in Altagracia.
--I could travel to CUA BOCAY 14th, 15th, 16th and returned back 17th in the morning. Brother Harvey Chavarria come with me and Brother Jose Ines gave hospitality. We could study with him and other men of the church about intuitionalism, centralization and use of the contribution in the church. I think that I could travel again in February. God Willing. We are very happy for the advance in that place and hope they take a decision for the truth .Please pray for church in CUA BOCAY.
Please tell me what is or has been happening in the congregation and with you personally.
--- In Altagracia we are studying the act book Tuesdays, the Roman persecution and stumbles Christians in the first century. I have learned a lot of suffering of my brothers and sisters in the first century.
--- I had mentioned that Thursdays and Sundays I encouraged to teach about the life of Christ. I did not know the quantity of knowledge about HOW Jesus taught to other, his love and strong and methodology that in impressive and admire.
---I will try to focus in Christ my lord and servitor, please pray for me and all thing we are doing for glory of God.
I am also sending pictures of baptisms and my trip to CUA BOCAY.
Beloved I really appreciate the support you sent me. Thank you brothers for their love and your effort in Christ. All brothers and sisters in Cedar Park are inside my heart.
With love in Christ Edwin Palma
Beloved brother Stannard:
First and second pictures are brother Harvey Chavarria and me , We were going to take a bus to travel to CUA BOCAY TO 210 km from Managua. the other one pictures are when we were preaching topics about centralization, institutionalism, the correct use of the offering and calvinism with brother Jose ines and church and other men of church.
I and brother Hayvey were in CUA BOCAY NOVEMBER 14, 15 AND 16 . We preached with the church and individual studies with men of church. We believe this opportunity is important to explain the problem about unsound doctrine that some churches has taught and they have changed the pattern of bible.
We have plans for December and then February with him , but I will travel until february over there. It is possible this opportunity could be one open the door to other liberal churches, in fact we in february thought to visit other preachers in Febuary.But we also hope to continuo with church in CUA BOCAY. , Jose Ines Rivera gave hospitality and study a lot about the problem in the churches with centralization and how in Nicaragua have control with them and other churches and how the God´s pattern has been being changed to they. They hear with good behavior and accept the problem , but they told us that they need to continue studying.
We are very happy , because we have advanced in this, but we are consciuos to need more time. If God give us live we are going to travel to this place and aroud this place, because we can help a lot brothers and sisters. I want to say that this effort us to cost time and money . GOD WILLING AND SO ARE WE.
Please pray for us and brothers in CUA BOCAY AND BROTHER José Ines Rivera.
With love in Christ Edwin Palma